Tuesday 24 May 2011

Curly Sue....?

First of all I'd like to say a huge huge thank you to all my lovely comments on my first YouTube video, and I got like 6 subscribers within about half an hour which was lovely!

So anyway I popped into my local Superdrug today and it was having a makeover which was very exciting!! There's all new makeup stands and it looks like the perfume area is having an overhaul, but it was still a bit of a mess. Can't wait to see the finished article. The mess didn't stop me spending money though....


Even looking at this picture is upsetting me. I've heard so many good things about curling wands, and there's so so SO many pictures on people's blogs of their hair when they've said they've used one to create their look. So I popped down to Superdrug and bought the Remington Pearl Wand (heard so many good things about this one!) and let me tell you it has stressed the HELL out of me :(

I cannot get it to work, my hair just looks frizzy and afro-like (much like my natural hair actually!) I even sat and watched youtube tutorials for an hour and I still can't manage it. And as for trying it on my hair extensions....well that was a disaster. I resemble Curly Sue from the 90's film actually.

So anyway there were actually a couple of more successful items from today's trip....

I literally stood in the hair dye isle for about 15 minutes, with plum in one hand and black cherry in the other. Then I put down plum and picked up a lighter red colour. Then I just gave up and stuck with Black Cherry which I've used for the past 6 months. The way I see it....if it ain't broke, don't fix it! I'll probably dye it on Saturday before the big night out on Sunday!


I've finally done it, and spent £12 on a hair brush. The Tangle Teaser is an absolute godsend, I used it on my towel dried hair after my shower, and on dry (and very knotted) extensions, and when usually I'd have a brush full of hair, I didn't when I used this. I think it needs a few more tries to see if it really was worth the money but so far, I think this is an absolute beaut brush, it might even make my extensions last a bit longer!


Again, another thing I'm pretty excited about....volumizing powder. I haven't tried it yet but I went for a cheaper one just in case I hated it. I'll do a quick review on this when I've used it.


I've been on the look out for a bronzer like this for ages and have been toying with the idea of the Fake Bake bronzing block, until I spotted this. It's a dupe for the Fake Bake bronzer, but for a smidgin of the price. I can't remember exactly but it was around the £5 mark. It's from the Famous collection by Sue Moxley and they had about 5 variations of it. This one is Shade One in Golden Rose. The colour is so shimmery and even though the bronze strips are quite dark, the pinks in it lighten it up and make it really easy to wear. 




I decided I need to collect some more eyshadows as I'm a bit boring on that front. I got the Beauty UK number 4 pallet, and I have to say I'm a bit scared. I mean...it's got green in it...!!! I only EVER use gold or brown, and the occasional pink, so this is breaking me in gently. 



I'm really trying to get away from black or dark purple nail colours which I usually wear, especially with summer coming. As soon as I saw this colour from the limited edition Gosh range I decided this was the way for me to go. It's 001 in Lavender and the first Gosh nail varnish I've ever bought so can't wait to try it out!!



Another Beauty UK treat, their lipstick in Candy. Love this colour, but I'll leave it there for now on this as I'm going to do a post about my lipstick collection soon. 

And lastly, I took advantage of the two for £4.99 offer on Collection 2000 and got another two of my absolute favourite lip glosses I've ever used. I'm not usually a lipgloss fan, I tend to just use a balm alongside a lipstick, or just a clear lipgloss over the top of a lipstick to make it less obvious. These are from their Lock 'n' Hold collection which claim to last for up to 6 hours. I don't know about that, but they taste incredible, and stay on for ages, even when I'm sipping my vodka lemonade and lime on a night out. These two are in (l) break dance and (r) rock steady. Break dance is actually really surprising for a lipgloss, the colour is a REALLY strong coral even without wearing it with lipstick. Big big recommendation for these. 

4 comments:

  1. I remember curly sue, she used to be cool, i'd quite like a mane of hair like hers!
    I'm the same with curling wands though, after trying (and failing) to use the babylis glam waves I now just stick to the good ol ghds

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tangle teezer is amazing! I was pretty unsure about spending so much on a funny shaped brush but i'm so glad I did :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 the lipstick, so pretty, oh yeah deffo do a review on the powder cos I really want to try it :)
    I love the lock n hold lipglosses, I have it in break dance! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eloise - definitely a look I won't be trying again, I'm back to my GHDs as well!

    Jenna Suth - same here, it will save me so much money in hair extensions!

    Thedreamsofanizzyinabigwildworld;) thanks hun! The review is now up for the powder, I'd really recommend it!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete