Wednesday 9 March 2011

These are the days....


Had such a rubbish few days, you know when you just feel 'blerrggghh'? No? Oh come on we all have them. This was yesterday (today was too bad to even get photographic evidence of!) and it was a seriously old long tunic from Topshop, an old black cardigan that has shrunk a little in the wash, from New Look. Whacked all this on over a pair of thick black tights and my River Island brown brogues, and tied it all up with a £1 tan skinny waist belt from Primark. 


Bless my mum, she knows how deprived I am of new clothes in my life due to working too many days a week, and trying to have a social life as well as keep up with the rugby at weekends. Because of this, she popped into Coventry Primark (the best one in the country, as far as I'm concerned) and treated me to this top. Admittedly it was only £5 in the sale. But still, its gorgeous! Probably going to cheer myself up and wear it for work tomorrow with some trousers (see what are clean in the morning) and maybe even some heels (swapped to flats for the walk to/from the train station).



If my life were a scent: daytime would be Vera Wang Glam Princess or Princess. It would be Amor Amor when I'm feeling cheeky. It would be Beyonce Heat for a night out. And for any time I need a bit of reassurance, a helping hand, or just to cheer myself up and remember the good times, it has to be Burberry (I have been using this since I was 16!).


You know when you look in your wardrobe and see something you forgot you had but you LOVE. This is one of those things. I have had some amazing times in this, the most prominent being a casual glass of wine with one of my girlfriends that turned into a night of drunken dancing in our local night club with an old friend we hadn't seen for ages. I love those nights. This was a pure bargain, about £15 from H&M, and I get so many complements when I wear it, I think it looks a lot more expensive than it was. And it will stay in forever; black NEVER goes out of fashion in my world. I usually wear it slouched off one shoulder with grey skinny jeans tucked into black heeled ankle boots with some serious bright red lipstick. 


No comments:

Post a Comment