Thursday 1 December 2011

Weekly review....Soap & Glory Smoulder Kohl....

I alway thought me and my Mac eyeliner in Smoulder would be inseparable. Until I popped into Boots and picked up one of the Soap and Glory eyeliners on a whim, and now I'm afraid I'm having a love affair. 

Mac Smoulder is a really black black, and incredible for smudging to help along with a smokey eye. I do find the tip breaks quite easily if sharpened too much, and it's staying power when faced with water/tears/sweat (I like to dance, a LOT) isn't amazing but it does help in creating a really dramatic look. When I say it smudges well, it smudges a bit TOO well sometimes and continues smudging through the night!


(l- Mac r- Soap & Glory)

(l- Soap & Glory r- Mac)

On the skin they both transfer really black, but the Mac one gives a much finer line. On paper, you can see how thick and creamy the Soap and Glory liner is. Also, it's staying power is AMAZING. I washed my hand after I'd done this swatch and it took three baby wipes and a whole load of soap to shift it!

This isn't the clearest picture, but my left eye as you look at the picture is lined with the Mac Smoulder pencil the smudged out with an Avon smudging brush. My right eye as you look at it is exactly the same process but with the Soap & Glory Smoulder Kohl. It's so much blacker, really sits on the water line as a true black for such a long time, and when smudged to how you want it, does NOT move or transfer. All in all, a really nice surprise and now a total staple in my makeup bag!

Has anyone else tried anything from the Soap & Glory makeup range?

Loves
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Yay finally someone did a review on a cosmetic product from the Soap & Glory makeup range!
    I'm always really picky when it comes to my eyeliner but you've really helped me decide on giving this a go!
    Lovely post! :)

    http://keep-moving-forwardd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh thanks for the review! Im quite surpised! Think I might go out and get it now! haha. xxx

    http://insidemenu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I was really disappointed with my MAC pencil as it smudges SO badly! I may have to give the Soap & Glory one a go next :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been thinking about buying a new eyeliner...thank you for sharing ;)
    kisses

    http://secondvogue.blogspot.com/a

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked this up yesterday after hearing nothing but praise for it, and I think I'm in love! It's the best kohl liner I've used :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete