Wednesday 28 December 2011

Top products of 2011....

Well as my blog is still a baby and less than a year old, I've spent a lot of the past 10 months discovering lots of new things so here's what I recon come top of the 2011 class (warning: it's a biggie!)


Haircare: KMS California came in one of this years Glossybox's and has turned into my go-to product for putting through the ends of my (towel dried) hair to not only help protect it from heated appliances but to help lock in colour. Batiste XXL Volume needs no other introduction other than to say I LOVE this and were I to (painstakingly) put the entire contents of this blog into some sort of order, it would probably come out top! And lastly my good old tangle teezer: not just a normal hair brush!






Skincare: This moisturiser has been one of my products of the last few years but I'm still in a long term relationship with it therefore I though I'd better include it. No other moisturiser has touched my skin for the past 12 months. The Body Shop night cream has been a revelation after switching from an all purpose moisturiser to a separate one for day and night. Oh and as for a little extra in my skin care - Soap and Glory Scrub Your Nose In It. I challenge you to find a better drug store exfoliater! 






Makeup: I'll try and keep this simple as there are SO many. For face it has to be the Benefit Porefessional along with the Revlon Photo Ready foundation, my bobby brown corrector and the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer. I've loved Topshops bronzer in global for most of the year, and been blushing with the aid of Vivo blush (not sure on the colour) and MeMeMe in coral throughout the summer months. My favourite eye products of the year have to be HD brows thanks (again) to GlossyBox, Bourjois Volumizer mascara and the Maybelline gel eyeliner pot. Lips is a tough one but it has to be the Lush lip scrub which has been a life saver, along with my Mac lipstick in Saint Germain and Topshop lipstick in Brighton Rock. I've only just started getting into brushes, but my favourite are the stippling brush and powder brush from the Samantha Chapman Real Techniques range, and my Mac 217. 









Perfume: My signature scent has continued to be Burberry, but I'd say my ultimate perfume of the year has to be D&G 10. 






What has everyone else loved in the year of 2011? Have any of these products made your top lists?

Loves
xxx

8 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I wear Burberry too - it's also my signature scent! I have also been loving my Maybelline gel eyeliner pot. This year, I have been using lots of Clinique Anti Blemish to smooth and sort out my skin, including the foundation which is brill. I have also been introduced to Revlon Grow Luscious mascara - brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed the post. HD Brows is definitely one of my favourites too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love reading things like this, its why I did one too! Lots of Benefit products I've never tried, might have too now :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to buy a tangle teezer, I didn't believe in the hype until I used one but THEY'RE AMAZING
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all of these hun! Totally agree with you about the tangle teaser and the HD brow palette, I dont know where I would be without mine! Lovely post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless whoever invented dry shampoo.

    Olivia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks girls, I love how many people feel the same about HD brows.
    Eloise I know what you mean, I wasn't sure about spending that on a 'brush' but I'm so glad I did!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. its good to know what other girls use everyday xx

    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    RavingBeautyx

    ReplyDelete