Monday 26 September 2011

Elf loves and hates...

I've bought quite a few Elf products just recently, some have been amazing and some well, just haven't. I'm especially loving their blushers, and since making this video I've been using a few more bits from their mineral range that I'm enjoying, but here's my rundown of my Elf best and worst....




Also, on another note, I need to have a rant about something....


I may not have taken part in drama or theatre groups as I was growing up, but was always a willing supporter to my friends year after year in their Youth Theatre and school productions. It’s always fun sitting back and watching drama unfold in front of you, watching characters live out their life. It’s the same with films, tv programmes and even books. We laugh at them, with them and for them. We cry at their sad times and empathise with them through their hard times. We even judge them for the mistakes they make, and hate them when they do something wrong.

Then you realise, at nearly 23 years of age, you’re in your own bloody drama. I’m not particularly bothered if people want to talk about my life and laugh at me/judge me/ envy me or whatever else they may wish to feel. That’s their own choice and if their life isn’t interesting enough and they have to sit back and watch mine then so be it.  

But would you get up out of your seat at the theatre, climb on stage and start giving the leading lady a lecture on her behaviour? Or would you sit in the cinema and shout to the hero of the story what you really think about him? No thought not.

It’s not protocol getting involved in the plot line, so where to you get off messaging me on facebook or texting me, sticking your nose in where it’s, quite frankly, not needed. I’m not sure what you aim to achieve by this, although the cynic in me believes you want to ruin anything good I’ve got going in my life. But maybe you’re just bored. If you want to stop me being happy or try and upset me with what you say, then I feel sorry for you and this time, it won’t work. If you’re bored and have nothing better to do, I suggest you get a hobby – I hear the local theatre club is looking for new members.

Sorry about that, just had to get it off my chest and I knew you were the only ones that might be able to put up with me!!

Loves
xxx

7 comments:

  1. i looove the elf studio blushes too! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find Elf so hit and miss, im not sure ill order again tbh. Ill go check out your video in a sec. RE your rant, sometimes getting something off your chest is needed and it makes you feel better for it. If somebody is sending nasty messages then just try and pitty them, as you said their life must be so boring they gotta take such a massive interest in yours. Try rise above it honey, as hard as that might be. Chin up :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. People are mad. I can't imagine what reason they could possibly have to complain about you!
    I love mac pain pots, I have one light and one dark. They really intensify my shadows.
    I have the eyebrow set from elf (not the one you have, the powder and wax one) and I really like it. Not sure if it's just because the colour is perfect for my eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops, obviously meant paint pots not pain pots!Don't know where my mind is at

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog your outfits are amazing :) I love the skirt in your last post X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my elf blusher and eyebrow kit! It's so cheap and usually good quality but you do come across a few bad products! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks girls! haha Lucy you're so right, if I'm the most interesting thing they can find to talk about and bitch on they need to get a hobby!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete