Thursday 5 April 2012

Weekly review... 17 Wild Metallics Eyes...

Now I'm not a huge eyeshadow fan, but I do sometimes go mad and treat my lids to a wash of a neutral colour across the lid. I've had this particular product sat in my draw for ages and not really reached for it until this past couple of weeks. It's a sort of mouse consistency, a lot softer than a Mac Paint Pot and really smooth to apply. It almost blends too easily so a little goes a long way! 



I've got the colour Wild Nude (predictable!) and swatched looks like this (the swatch on the left is the product thickly applied, the right swatch is it blended out for more of a sheer finish)


The one problem with this is it does crease despite having an eye primer on, so I like to layer some powder eyeshadow over the top. For this I use a shade from the Sleek Storm Palette:


I use the pink shade, top row second from the top. Not only does it stop the 17 eye colour from creasing, it also really intensifies the colour..


Left swatch is the Sleek eyeshadow on it's own, middle swatch is a thick layer of 17 Metallic Eyes with the shadow over the top, and right is how I wear it: blended out with the shadow over the top to set it in place. 


Has anyone else tried these eye shadows from 17? How else do you wear yours?

Loves
xxx




2 comments:

  1. These make quite good liners for bottom lash line. Hadn't thought o layer it under pink though...(rushes to try!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for the comment my lovely, you look so beautiful, I adore the combination!

    Lots of Love,

    Lily from Red Brick Lipstick

    ReplyDelete