Tuesday 3 April 2012

Top 10 Lipsticks....

You may have noticed my 'Top 5' posts recently, I've actually been enjoying doing these and re-discovering some old gems hidden in the depths of my makeup draw! I've got a Top 5 Foundations and Top 5 Eyeliners coming up soon so keep an eye out for them, but I thought the next obvious one....with me being a lipstick addict and all...would be top 5 lipsticks. Let me just pause here and say this was an IMPOSSIBLE task...out of my 100+ lipsticks (it was a LOT more but I've had a pre-Oz clear out and donated them to friends and family) I CANNOT pick 5. So I cheated and went for 10 (which was still hard and I felt mean leaving some of them out...must get a life...)

Anyway...in no particular order apart from saying Mac Saint Germain is my fave lipstick of ALL TIME, and as far as brands go, Mac and Topshop are joint favourites.  You may also notice that 3 out of 4 of my Mac lipsticks are melted into a smush. It's a sensitive subject so I don't want to dwell on it. Anyway here they are...


(l-r) Barry M 147, Barry M 155 (new formula = amazing) Vivo at Tesco Shade 5 Pink Pout, Rimmel Lasting Finish in Pink Blush, Topshop in Brighton Rock

(l-r) Topshop in Ohh La La, Mac in Creme Cup (melted) Mac in Saint Germain (decimated!) Mac in Up The Amp (melted) Mac in Impassioned (NOT MELTED...HURAH!!)

Top row l-r Barry M 147, Barry M 155, Vivo Pink Pout, Rimmel Pink Blush, Topshop Brighton Rock
Bottom Row l-r Topshop Up The Amp, Mac Creme Cup, Mac Saint Germain, Mac Up The Amp, Mac Impassioned

As you can tell I'm a big Mac fan apart from the fact that a £13.50 lipstick SHOULD NOT melt as easy as they do. It upsets me in a big way. My favourite finish is their Amplified finishes, although I do quite like a couple of their Cream Sheen's. Topshop lipsticks blow me away. For around £8 they are creamy, long lasting, pigmented, don't melt, smell nice and are just generally amazeballs. I only have one from Vivo but hoping to pop to a big Tesco soon to pick up more of these they are so good for the price. Also, depsite Barry M being renowned for being drying on the lips, it's nothing a little lip balm can't solve. Their new formula's aren't like that at all...so more of these please Barry!

Are any of these in your Top 10??

Loves
xxx

14 comments:

  1. Its awful whats happened to your Mac lipsticks, your right a lipstick that costs so much money should not melt so easy. I am in LOVE with Topshop lipsticks at the mo, I find myself craving buying more. I have Ohh la la and love it x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I get so annoyed about it! Topshop ones are so good, and apparently there's a few new shades in store which I can't wait to try out! xxx

      Delete
  2. Saint Germain is probably one of my all time faves too - along with Barry M's 129 :) Must grab Mac Impassioned - had my eye on it for ages - Topshop's Infrared and RioRio are my current favourites.. they have a lovely new coral colour out called 'charmed' too - definitely recommend :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I just LOVE it! I've not tried 129 I might have to give that a cheeky swatch when I'm in town next! Impassioned was my first Mac lipstick I really should use it more! I'll keep an eye out for charmed, thanks! xxx

      Delete
  3. Brighton Rock by Topshop looks so gorgeous!
    if you have the time please check out my blog, i have just started!
    http://georgialouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame creme cup melted :( lovely colours you chose though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, awful isn't it! Thanks hun :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Love the colors. I have creme cup and love it. Shame on the lipsticks melting. :(


    http://makeupbybrandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good 'go with everything shade' isn't it!? xxx

      Delete
  6. So many nice shades there!! Shame your MAC lippies melted :-/ I have never *touch wood* had any of mine do that, I think I would cry if they did!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does my head in considering how much you have to pay for them! Thanks hun :) xxx

      Delete
  7. I got brighton rock and st germain based on seeing them on your blof and their definitely in my top 10 now. You've definitely converted me to topshop. They're the only lipsticks that stand up to mac for a decent price. Don't know how I'd choose just 5 either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two very good choices, I'd say they're probably my two all time favourites! It was hard to even choose 10! xxx

      Delete