Thursday 24 October 2013

My thoughts on Inglot....

So I mentioned in a previous post that my boyfriend took me to Inglot to choose some makeup for my birthday last week. It was the first time I'd experienced an Inglot store and I first of all have to mention how incredibly friendly and helpful the sales assistants were in the store I went to (Chermside in Brisbane, Australia). 

In case you don't know about the Freedom system palettes from Inglot, basically you purchase a palette from a range of different sizes (I went for 5) and then fill them with blushes, concealers, lipsticks, eyeshadows, basically whatever you want in whatever colours suit you. I played it safe with eyeshadows and here's my pick...




A shimmery pink shade, and a completely matte pinky peach which looks great as a crease colour.


An incredible peachy gold shimmer which looks like the eyeshadow version of The Balm Big Mama blush.


A shimmery brown that looks great smoked out through the outer third of the eye and up and above the crease, and finally a matte deep brown which is great to do a dramatic cut crease or use as a nice alternative to a black liner.


They give you a magnetised board to stick your shade selection to which lets you play around with the different shade combinations and the order you would like them in the palette, then just take this too the sales assistant at the end and she makes up your palette for you. Simple. 

The only one (tiny) downside of the system is that the shade numbers are on the back of the shadows, and I've seen and heard some horror stories about people getting the shadows in and out of the palettes so unfortunately I've not been brave enough and have no idea what shade numbers I have!

In terms of quality, the packaging is the best (in my opinion) of any brand, a nice sturdy magnetised case that's still streamline and slides into my makeup bag nicely! As for quality (considering the price) these are equal to Mac, however don't beat my beloved Urban Decay shadows.

Has anyone else tried Inglot makeup? What did you guys think?

Loves
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment