Friday 11 May 2012

My top five foundations...

I'm not really a collector of foundations to be honest, I tend to stick to what I like and not really change my ways, although I have collected some beauties over the past year or two. 

(L - R Body Shop All Over Face Base, Bourjois Health Mix, Revlon Photo Ready, Mac Studio Fix Fluid, Estee Lauder Double Wear)

Body Shop All Over Face Base: The one and only non liquid foundation in my top five, I used this religiously for about three years back when I was around 17/18/19. It does give a very powdery finish but I used to suffer from oily skin so this was the only product that really stayed put. I tend to reserve this if I need to apply makeup at the speed of light, but I'd never be without one in my collection. 

Bourjois Healthy Mix: Well considering I hated this when I first tried it back in the summer, I have eaten my words. I LOVE this, so natural and light, easy to blend, and although I do find I need a powder to set it I think it lasts a good 5/6 hours before I need to powder again (which is really good on my skin!)

Revlon Photo Ready: I can get past the 'shimmer particles' in this foundation because to be honest I can't even tell! This is my current every day go-to foundation, I've got it in a couple of shades (one was passed on by my Mum who wasn't really a fan) and I just reach for this every day. I don't think this necessarily needs a powder (unless I'm expecting an all day wear) and I think it gives a really flawless finish.

Mac Studio Fix Fluid: I used to swear by this and got a few of my friends on the band wagon with me, but I started to crave something a bit lighter on my skin so switched to lighter covering foundations like HM. I do still use this from time to time, and I think it's great to cover up last nights sins if you've had a particularly heavy one. I love that this is a mat foundation but I do tend to favour something a bit fresher these days.

Estee Lauder Double Wear: I don't know where to start with this, I'm officially in love. Yes I know I just said I don't like heavy foundations but a little bit of this goes a long way. I do reserve it for nights out or on days when I need a 7am - 12pm sort of coverage. I don't necessarily need a powder, although something light like Elf HD Powder is perfect with it. It goes on well, blends well, stays on all day, doesn't slip and slide, and most off all, looks gorgeous in my makeup collection.

Are any of these in your top five?

Loves
xxx

14 comments:

  1. Agree totally with your thoughts on double wear- its just so frikin good! covers everything, last for hours :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know how I could ever be without it now! xxx

      Delete
  2. Right thats it you have persuaded me to buy double wear, tommorrow it will be mine :) thanks :) I hope you will follow my blog :)

    leopardinleather.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, you won't be disappointed! xxx

      Delete
  3. I used Studio Fix and Double Wear they are both so long wearing and cover my acne scars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both amazing aren't they, I don't use Studio Fix as much as I used to but I remember why I loved it every time I go back to it! xxx

      Delete
  4. I just did a post similar to this one! Studio Fix is also one of my top foundations. I've been wanting to try the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation forever, but I can't find anywhere to order it here in the U.S. :( Hopefully we will get Bourjois in the states soon!!
    xx
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do some great products so I hope they do for you too! xxx

      Delete
  5. Bourjois Healthy Mix is my all time fav day foundation, im in need of more. I love Revlon colourstay for nights out have you ever tried it? I like it better than double wear but tbh my main problem with double wear is the way it made me look like casper in photos x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I've never tried that one, but some of my friends do and they love it! I know what you mean about ghost face with EL DW but I just throw a ton of bronzer over it! xxx

      Delete
  6. Thank you :) I'll check it out :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This review has come at a good time, I was just thinking of purchasing new foundations but I always get stuck on which to buy so I've put it off for ages! I'm such a noob when it comes to foundation! Which brush is best to apply liquid foundation? And what is best to blend it in? aargh! help! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the Real Techniques stippling brush to apply it and then just run over with my fingers to get a smooth finish but I know not many people like to use their fingers. I've also heard that the Cosmopolitan beauty blender is great I really want to give that a go! xxx

      Delete
  8. Doublewear is my all-time favourite foundation- absolutely love it. I think it's a bit too much for the summer so I'm trying to find one with a bit less coverage so I think I'll have to try healthy mix xxx

    ReplyDelete