Wednesday 29 January 2014

Rosehip Oil...what's all the fuss about....?


Having ran out of my serum and face oil within the same week (why does this always happen) I was looking for a cheaper alternative that I could use as a substitute (I didn't see the point in buying a load of expensive skin care when I've only got a month left in Aus and will only have to pack it to come home!). I'd heard a lot about Rosehip Oil and all it's supposed benefits so picked this little bottle of joy up for $17 in the chemist to see what the fuss was all about. 

"Specific benefits of rosehip oil include:
- great natural skin care moisturiser
- research has indicated that it may have benefits for reducing some scars
- aids in reducing redness associated with facial rosacea
- improves appearance of psoriasis scars
- many acne sufferers find that it can be improve the quality of their skin
- reduces the appearance of premature aging skin as it can reduce wrinkles, crow's feet and fine lines
- great treatment for dry skin
- good for your after sun skin care regime."

I've been using this particular rosehip oil, available here, for almost a month now (as has my boyfriend...) and would say in terms of wrinkles and fine lines I haven't seen too much of a difference but then I'm blessed with fairly un-lined skin. I've got some pigmentation around my eyes which I have seen a huge difference in after only the first use or two. It hasn't done much for my scarring on my chin from old blemishes but I'm happy to give it a few more weeks trial and report back on that one!

My boyfriend started using it hoping it would take his redness down (he has slight facial rosacea) and said "after using it every night I wake up seeing a difference in my face the next morning. It doesn't irritate my skin like most products do; I'll keep using this as long as you buy it"! Rave reviews there then.

So, in all, a great natural substitute to a facial oil/moisturiser that has lots of skin benefits depending on what you want fixing! This will forever be a part of my skin care routine. Also, for you fellow oily skin girls out there, don't worry about putting oils onto your skin...it needs oils in order to repair itself! Just apply it at night time so it has time to sink into your skin. Dryer skin girls can get away with a thin layer in the morning before makeup to hydrate skin for the entire day.

Has anyone else tried Rosehip oil? Noticed any other benefits?

Loves
xxx



4 comments:

  1. I've never used it before but it sounds great. I think oils In general are so much better for the skin
    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, so natural and really nourishing!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. lol omg ur boyfriend sounds so funny lol I really want to try this I haven't tried any face oils yet! Cant wait to findout the long term results will definitely keep my eyes peeled for your update xxxx

    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first face oil I've ever really noticed a difference with, a great one for dipping your tow in the face oil world I think!
      xxx

      Delete